I love almonds and anything almond-flavored. Almond croissants, slivered almonds in salad, marzipan – you name it, I’ll eat it. So it’s no surprise when I ran across these no-bake almond bars I knew we were destined to be.
Almond bars are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up (and may I add, healthy too!). Just whip up the ingredients, set in the fridge, cut into bars, and you are ready to go! No oven required.
No-Bake Almond Bars
Prep time: 20 minutes, Chill time: 2 hours (refrigerator) or 45 minutes (freezer)
- 1 c. ground almonds or raw almond butter
- 6 T. coconut oil, melted
- 6 T. honey
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 c. oats, ground (measure before grinding)
- 2 t. vanilla
- 4 T. milk (regular, soy, or almond work)
- Mix everything but the ground oats until smooth.
- Stir in the ground oats until a thick batter forms.
- Press the mixture into a container fitted with a lid and lined with parchment paper, such as a 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Place in the refrigerator (or freezer if you’re hungry) until the bars are set. They should be somewhat hard to the touch.
- Cut and serve. For storage, I like to individually wrap each bar and store in the freezer. Let it warm up before eating or enjoy frozen!
Attribution: The original recipe is from Oatmeal with a Fork. I made my own variation by doubling the batch, using ground almonds, swapping in honey, and omitting cinnamon.